Dress Code Guidelines
FOR GRADES 7 & 8 (Boys & Girls)
The students in Grades 7 and 8 are not required to wear the school uniform. The dress code, however, must conform to the dictates of modesty and proper attire for all. The following Dress Code has been approved:
- Pants must be neat and clean. Pants must be free from holes or not show signs of excessive wear. Popular torn jeans may be worn only if the tears are below the knee or have a fabric underlay. These ‘torn jeans’ may not be worn on school Mass days.
- Dresses, skirts, and shorts should be no higher than approximately 6″ above the knee. For taller girls, shorts may have a 6″ inseam, however, skirts and dresses must be longer and no shorter than 6″ above the knee.
- Halter-tops, tank tops or tube tops are inappropriate types of dress in an academic setting and therefore will not be allowed. Bare stomachs and/or bare shoulders are not acceptable.
- Girls may not wear tight stretchy pants such as leggings, yoga pants, jeggings, and other similar styles without wearing a long shirt that covers the student’ body past the torso area. Tights are never acceptable unless under a dress and may not be substituted for leggings.
- Students are not to wear hats, coats or jackets in the classroom.
- Any clothing displaying alcohol, controlled substances, sexual connotations or firearms and violence is prohibited at any time.
- Athletic shoes are required for all field trips and physical education classes.
Special Event Clothing
Parents do NOT purchase these items unless directed to by the school. (For Archdiocesan special events, some special school Mass days, and other events that come up throughout the year.)
For 7th and 8-grade students – These items can be of a variety of styles purchased from regular clothing stores or from the uniform companies
- Tan Khaki long pants for boys and girls. (No shorts)
- Tan Khaki skirt or skort for girls.
Navy blue or white pullover polo shirt with or without school logo (logo wear available from Donald’s). Can be of cotton/polyester fabric or the new dry weave fabric.
Navy blue or white button-down dress shirt. Neck ties can be worn by boys if they choose.
Navy blue or white blouse with collar and sleeves for girls – no decals, logos or lace.
Red or Navy Blue fleece jacket with school logo- only available at Donald’s Uniform Store or Educational Outfitters. – Same as younger students.
Red or Blue Dry fit 3/4 zip pullover with school logo- only available at Donald’s.
Mass Attire for Students in Grades 7 – 8 – for the 2022-23 school year
Students in grades 7-8 are expected to wear clothing appropriate for Mass. Boys:Long pants or nice shorts – No Sweatpants.
Boys: Dress shirt/polo shirt with buttons and a collar – No Sweatshirts or t-shirts.
Girls: Long pants or nice shorts with a nice top/shirt. – No Sweatpants and sweatshirts or t-shirts.
Girls: Skirt/Skort or Dress with an appropriate style and length for Mass. (Generally no shorter than 6 inches above the knee)
Students wearing any other type of clothing judged by the dress code policy, principal or classroom teacher as unacceptable for school will be sent home for a change of clothing or will be given an appropriate alternative item to wear from the staff.