Catholic Schools Week
We have already had some changes, due to the weather. No school Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Stay tuned!
Lots of activities will be happening during the week of January 27!
Sunday, January 27 – Celebrating our Faith
- All school families are encouraged to attend the 8:30 or10:30 AM Mass this weekend at St. Wenceslaus. All students and parents wear SWS clothing – uniforms, red service shirt or red SWS logo shirt. Students will take parts in the Masses. Grade 3 and 4 will sing in the choir at the 8:30 and 10:30 Mass.
- Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast after Mass – 100% profit to go to the school.
- School Book Fair takes place from January 24-29. The Book Fair will be open during the Sunday festivities 9:00 – 12:30.
- Open House in the school – 9:00-12:30 for guests, new families, and parish members who would like to see the school building. Teachers will be on hand to answer questions.
- Knights of Columbus Free Throw Contest takes place 1:00-2:00 in the gym
Monday – Thursday activities will NOT be rescheduled.
Friday, February 1 – Celebrating our School Families
- Breakfast in the gym for all K-8 parents and students. Parents bring your children to school on this day and we will serve you 7:00- 7:45 AM.
- Family groups will be making fleece blankets together for babies around the world. We will be giving these to the Smile network to “Blanket Our World” after the babies have surgery from the Smile Network Mission Trips.
- Bring a box of cereal or two to donate to the food shelf. Each class will walk their food items over to the food shelf at 1:45 PM.
- Student Dress Up: – Pajama Day – Any PJ’s that are school appropriate, slippers, and robes are all great.
- Parent Party in the evening – 5:30-7:30 PM at Creeks Bend. First beverage is on us in appreciation for our wonderful school parents. Preschool to grade 8 parents are all invited. Bar and Kitchen will be open.
Sunday, February 3- All School Families are encouraged to go to Mass at one of these parishes. St. Scholastica Mass 8:00 AM or St. John’s Mass 10:00 AM. Wear your SWS Uniforms and Spirit Wear to church. Teachers will be recognizing parish members after both Masses with a treat.